Finally we pulled the plug on Lap Paz ( before the tug to stay got too strong ) and headed off towards Cabo where we would leave Baja behind. The weather window looked good for sailing and Adesso loaded with supplies we were ready for a month or so at sea. It would take three days of travel to get to San Jose del Cabo where we would check out of Mexico and take on our last fuel. I was some where in this zone we found out that Sue would need to be near good internet in about 2 weeks to secure her job when we returned, Yikes. We could do this – it just meant that we might have to come to the coast sooner if we didn’t make it all the way to Canada. As we all know dates or schedules don’t mix well with sailing but we were game to make it work. We left San Jose to head out past Cabo and a blistering SW blew up so we hid and anchored off Cabo for the night. It was here we discovered that our wind window was disappearing fast, but we were still game and hoped to get at least 60 miles offshore before things died near land. The next day things were pretty much a lake so I decided to motor out, where did the wind go!! The next surprise was the game changer – our freezer stopped working, AKKKK. All our food was going to thaw fast and unless the crew was going to live of rice and beans we had turn back. The current weather showed a massive no-weather window for running up the coast to San Diego and a quick crew vote made that our choice. Yanmar purring, we were now committed to the Baha Bash (as this run is often called).